2018 Fidelis Care Holiday Parade in Downtown Schenectady
Giant floats will light the streets of Schenectady at the 2018 Fidelis Care Holiday Parade in Downtown Schenectady on Saturday, November 17, 2018 at 5pm. This festive event is widely known as the largest nighttime holiday parade in the Northeast, and is held annually the Saturday before Thanksgiving. This year, they are also offering a 2018 Pre-Parade Street Festival that will take place from 2pm to 5pm ahead of the parade.
Photo credit: Brian Moak/Brian Jude Photography
Parade & Pre-Parade Street Festival Details
The 2018 Fidelis Care Holiday Parade in Downtown Schenectady will be held on Saturday, November 17, 2018, at 5pm. This is the 50th anniversary of the Capital Region tradition. The City of Schenectady, The Daily Gazette, Fidelis Care, and several sponsors come together for this wonderful occasion.
This event is treasured by tens of thousands of Capital Region residents who look forward to the parade every holiday season. Expected attendance is over 10,000 people. The theme for this year is "Golden Anniversary: 1968 - 2018."
The Pre-Parade Street Festival will begin at 2pm on Jay Street and in front of Schenectady City Hall. Come out for festivities before the parade to enjoy face painters, balloon artists, live music, food vendors, crafters, area businesses, and more. Come out early, get a great parking spot, and celebrate the holidays.
At 3:30pm and 4pm the Schenectady Police Department will be closing many downtown streets including, but not limited to the following streets (intersecting streets will also be affected):
- State Street (Nott Terrace to Broadway): 3pm
- State Street (Broadway to the end of Western Gateway Bridge on the Scotia side): 4pm
- Western Gateway Bridge (closed in both directions): 4pm
- Erie Boulevard (State Street to Liberty Street): 4pm
- Broadway (Liberty Street to Hamilton Street): 4pm
- Lafayette Street (Liberty Street to State Street): 4pm
- Clinton Street (Smith Street to State Street): 4pm
- 1-890 Washington Avenue exits will be closed (4C Westbound, Rice Road Eastbound): 4pm
- Church Street (Argyle Place to Liberty Street): 4pm
Free public parking for spectators will be available at:
- Broadway Garage
- Broadway Surface lot
- Broadway and Franklin Street
- Amtrak lot (Erie Boulevard and Liberty Street)
- Erie Boulevard and Liberty Street North
- City lot located between Liberty Street and Franklin Street
Participate in or Support the Parade
Interested in sponsoring or participating in the parade? Contact Kaci Palleschi, Events Manager of The Daily Gazette, at 518.395.3045.