Annual Albany Chefs' Food & Wine Festival
Wine & Dine for the Arts | January 11 - 13, 2018
Local Albany chefs show off their skills in this three-day food and wine festival to raise money for the arts! The Albany Chefs' Food and Wine Festival will take place at the Empire State Plaza on Thursday, January 11 through Saturday, January 13, 2018. This is a great opportunity to support downtown businesses, including local art exhibitions and restaurants.
Throughout the weekend you will taste top-of-the-line food and wine pairings, and will learn about the impressive art of food and wine preparation with cooking demonstrations and wine tasting seminars.
About the Festival
The 2018 Festival is inspired by the partnership with the Indonesian Diaspora Network - USA. Traditional Indonesian wayang was the inspiration for this year's image. The central figure of the image is a well-known wayang, Arujuna Janoko, peeking through the batik flowers and embracing the Festival signature wine bottle. This year's iconic bottle has a subtle nod to American artist Andy Warhol. The wayang playfully sneaks the bottle through the flowers portending to the fun & merriment to come as we join our cultures to present the 9th Anniversary Albany Chefs' Food & Wine Festival: Wine & Dine for the Arts!
Wayang is a term denoting traditional shadow puppet theatre in Indonesia and dates back to the 9th Century. The word also means "imagination." Wayang today is both the most ancient and most popular form of puppet theatre in the world. Each Wayang is one of a kind and intricately carved and painted by hand and illustrates just one of the rich and varied cultural art forms of Indonesia.
Therefore, this year's Grand Gala Reception & Dinner will feature the food, wine, arts & culture of Indonesia!
Events & Competitions
- The Mayor's Opening Celebration at City Hall
- Grand Tasting & Seminars
- Battle of the Bartenders
- Rising Star chef Pavilion & Craft Beer Pavilion
- "Slider Slam" Competition
- Gala Reception 6-Course Dinner
- And more!
This Year's Rising Chefs
- Joe Braoudakis of Roux
- Jacquie Clark of The Wine Bar
- Nicholas Fredenburg of 2 West Bar & Grill
- Sondra Galvin of Max London's
- Richard Matthews of The Shop
- Jamie Norton of Osteria Danny
- Bryan Redmond of Hamlet & Ghost
- AJ Richards of Forged
- Zach Simard of Old Daley Catering
- Tyrone Wallace of The Hollow Bar + Kitchen
- Mayor's Opening Celebration: $75
- Friday Grand Tasting & Seminars: $65
- Friday Grand Tasting & Seminars (VIP): $75
- Slider Slam!: $50
- Slider Slam! (VIP): $75
- Saturday Grand Tasting & Seminars: $65
- Saturday Grand Tasting & Seminars (VIP): $75
- Grand Gala: Under Study: $125
- Grand Gala: General Admission: $150
- Grand Gala: Lead Actor: $175
- Grand Gala: Producers (two tickets): $350
- Grand Gala: Executive Producers (two tickets): $500
- Grand Gala: Corporate Table For 8 (eight tickets): $1,600
- VIP All Access Pass For 2 (two tickets): $1,000
Please Note: For tickets purchased online, your email confirmation is your proof of purchase. Please print & present at registration. Must present government issued photo ID to enter the event regardless of ticket purchase. No one under 21 will be admitted to the event.