Indoor Winter Fun Ideas
As much fun as it is to get out and play in the snow, sometimes we're all in the mood for a little warmth and indoor fun! Here are some great ideas for activities that don't require you to be out in the cold.
- Go Bowling - By day or night, with family, friends, or a special companion, bowling is a great option.
- See a Movie - Whether it's a dinner date or a night out with friends or family, going to the movies is a great option for indoor fun in Albany this winter.
- Go to a Show - Albany offers a wealth of live music & entertainment, from popular music groups and performers to travelling Broadway shows! Don't miss out on seeing hits and up-and-coming stars come through the Capital Region. Check out some of the great music venues and performing arts centers in the Albany area.
- Indoor Play - Looking to get out with the little ones? Indoor bounce houses and play centers abound in the Capital Region. Find more kids attractions and entertainment »
- Go To an Art Exhibit - Take advantage of your cabin fever to catch up on some culture. There are lots of great art galleries in the Capital Region!
- Do a Pub Crawl: Warm up with some craft brews, as you tour the Capital Region's finest bars and pubs. Don't forget the designated driver!
- Pamper Yourself: Have a spa day this winter and refresh yourself. Soothe parched winter skin, and trim dead ends off your mane. Head out for a nice dinner with your girlfriends afterwards to complete the day. All around Albany you'll find great places to indulge.
- Root for the Home Team: Check out RPI, Siena, or SUNY Albany's sporting events. If you've never been to a college hockey or basketball game now's the chance! Bring the kids to show them what NCAA athletics look like, or see the local professional team, the Albany Devils, take the ice! The entire family will enjoy the rush that comes from watching an exciting game.
- Get Fit: Now's the time to really tackle your New Year's Resolution. Beyond the copious amounts of gyms and fitness centers around the Capital Region, there are dance studios, athletic clubs, and more! Find a fitness activity you enjoy to make sure you stay healthy and toned throughout the New Year.
- Learn Something: School children everywhere pray for snow days during the winter months, but learning doesn’t have to be boring or in a classroom! There are many museums around the Capital Region that offer chances for interactive learning, maybe you'll even have some fun!