There are Restaurant Week’s across the country. There are Restaurant Weeks across the Capital Region. But there is only one Downtown Albany Restaurant Week. Well if you want to get technical, the event in Downtown Albany happens twice a year – but you get my point. Lucky for you, the Spring dates for Restaurant Week are coming up fast April 21 – 28, 2012.
Appearing for the first time at the 8th Bi-Annual Downtown Albany Restaurant Week is The Merry Monk, a new Belgian restaurant and pub that opened up on N Pearl and Sheridan in December and Wolf’s One-11 adjacent to the Times Union Center.
And back this Spring after a short hiatus, is Marche, the farm-to-fresh fine dining establishment housed in the boutique hotel, 74 State. In all there are 17 different restaurants to check out and enjoy.
New this year is Student Night on Monday, April 23, 2012. Students who show a valid ID will receive the Restaurant Week menu at La Serre and V & R Italian Ristorante for just $15. 12. But the offer is only good on the 23rd and at those two restaurants.
Coming to Restaurant Week? Make it Dinner and a Show – or some gallery and museum fun. Here’s a few things to check out:
- April 21 – Albany Symphony Orchestra at The Palace
- April 21 – Jim Jefferies at The Egg
- April 21 – MOVE Music Festival through-out Downtown venues
- April 21 – Savannah’s Comedy
- April 21 – 22 Pirate Tour Albany Aqua Ducks
- April 22 – The Avett Brothers at The Palace
- April 22 – Eastbound Jesus at Jillian’s
- April 23 – Restaurant Week – Student Night
- April 27 – Darrell Hammond LIVE at the Palace
- April 28 – Aquanet at Jillian’s
Celebrate the savings. Enjoy the food. Eat and Be Merry. Check out the participating restaurants and their special menus online at www.downtownalbany.org