Your Experienced HR, People, Business, Strategy and Compliance Navigator: Committed to You and Your Team's Success
Over 30 Years of Senior HR Leadership Experience - Clients Work Directly with the Principal: Debra J. M. Best, SPHR, SHRM-SCP
Deb Best Practices, a growing New York state Certified Women-Owned Business Enterprise (WBE), provides outsourced senior human resources (HR) practitioner services for leaders in all sectors:
- Recruitment strategy / branding and internal hiring process advisement and implementation;
- Interim HR Leadership;
- Apprenticeship and knowledge transfer services for entry-level HR professionals;
- Complex employee relations and performance conversation navigation and coaching;
- Wage & Hour / overtime compliance;
- Employee Handbook / Policy / Job Description Development and Compliance Updates;
- Third-party employee and harassment complaint investigation services;
- NYS Harassment prevention and other related HR training;
- Strategic planning facilitation and development;
- Change, stakeholder communication and project management;
- Workplace dispute resolution;
- Team and leadership coaching;
- Everything DiSC® and CultureTalk™ assessments, workshops and team-building training;
- PXT Select™ Pre-Employment and Succession Planning Assessments (Sales & many other job families); and
- Recruitment social media and reputation advisement services.
Our diverse client base includes employers ranging from 5 to over 13,000 employees in the private and public sectors, academic institutions and nonprofit organizations locally and nationally.
Deb Best, SPHR, SHRM-SCP, Owner and Principal, has more than 25 years of business, change management, stakeholder communications and human resources leadership experience for Fortune 5, technology, manufacturing, consumer and supply-chain publicly and privately held companies, including General Electric, Trans World Entertainment and Boston Scientific, as well as non-profit, academic and public-sector organizations, including the State of New York. Central to her work as a Practitioner is to partner with leaders at all levels to define and leverage both talent and challenges to meet needs, which in turn maximizes success for both the organization and the individual.
A graduate of The University of New York at Albany, Deb received her SPHR (Senior Professional in Human Resources) certification from The Society of Human Resources Management in 1998, and her SHRM-SCP (Senior Certified Professional) designation in 2015. She is also a trained and certified community and workplace dispute Mediator, as well as an authorized Everything DiSC® and Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team™ Partner, and a Certified CultureTalk™ Partner. Deb is a member of the Capital Region Women@Work Executive Advisory Board, and she is a columnist and blogger for the Times Union’s Women@Work Magazine.