I had the pleasure of a copy of How Companies Win: Profiting from Demand-Driven Business Models No Matter What Business You’re In by Rick Kash & David Calhoun.
Here are some key topics I found interesting that definitely make it worth reading.
– How McDonald’s Made the Winning Shift into a demand-driven company
– The introduction of a 5th P – precision
– A 11 question survey to see where your company falls along the supply driven versus demand driven continuum (pg 92)
– A handy chart outlining the opportunities in addressing demand gaps (pg 100)
– A chart on the total innovation process (pg 131)
– Analysis of pricing in retail – (pg 156-157)
– Discussion of the HP Way – (pg 174)
The book also explores companies such as Facebook, Hershey’s, Google, and spend a great deal of time covering pricing, innovation, mental models, and the concept of focusing on the demand chain.
A definite book for any business library or professional! This book will make a great addition to any training program focusing on building customer relationships.