I ran the Malta 5K today on the Global Foundries campus, and came up with a list of reasons afterwards why a 5K is a great opportunity to build and motivate your team.
1. For $20 you get a Tshirt, bag, water, donuts, bagels, juice and bananas
2. You get to mingle with hundreds of people
3. Many teams from different workplaces join the race and participate in a team effort.
4. In many cases, the money you pay goes to a good cause
5. You end up meeting people you never knew or never knew ran before
6. There’s a permanent record and proof online you actually got off your couch and ran.
7. If you are single, there are tons of attractive people you get to sweat and breathe heavy with for 30 minutes. A great opportunity to meet Mr. or Ms. Right!
Next time you are thinking of a team building event, consider a 5K. They are offered nearly weekly within 30 miles of everywhere here in the Capital District.