Q: What are some key things that you can do to make your resume stand out
when applying for jobs via the internet?
A: Here are a few suggestions that I have found have worked for me and others.
1. Bulleted lists of responsibilities under each job are a must. Long, drawn out paragraphs rarely catch the readers eye.
2. Font size of 12 (10 if you really need to get everything onto 1 page
3. No fancy fonts or italics
4. Proper verb tenses. If you are in a current job, make sure your verbs are action verbs.
(ex. Performing vs, performed)
THE BELLS AND WHISTLES
1. Have a section indicating the specific courses you took at each school you attended. Tailor this to each job you apply for.
2. List a section of activities and clubs; showing a well-rounded background other than just work is important.
To see a format that has worked for me since 1993, you can view a PDF of my resume at the link below.