Personal braining is personal training for your brain. What are you doing to train yourself (or train your people) to keep their brains sharp?
Here are some suggestions for getting yourself involved in a successful “personal braining” program:
1. Read for pleasure, not always for work. Reading something off topic from what you do can lead to new out of the box thinking.
2. Schedule downtime throughout the day (maybe a 10 minute break for every 50 minutes of work, or even a 5 minute break after 25 minutes of work)
3. Regularly brainstorm and consider new ways of doing the work you do now
4. Plan your work, and work your plan. As one of my professor’s at UMass once said “Proper prior planning prevents pretty poor performance
5. Consider ways in which you can do your work remotely. This can create opportunities for flexible work scheduling
What do you do to exercise your brain?