What is your job page like on your website? Do you create an atmosphere where people feel like they are valued, even if positions aren’t readily available?
It may be time to rethink your employment or jobs page. I’ve visited many sites in my time that are so complicated or convoluted that it can turn off potential applicants.
Some of the things to think to ask yourself when creating a job page for your company are as follows:
1. Can I create a simple, easy to use application system or partner with a company that already uses one?
2. How can I use a tool like Albany.com/jobs to cross-post the latest openings for positions?
3. How I can I create a backfill pool of talent when no jobs are currently available with my company?
4. How can we create a central contact and system for resume submission?
5. Do we use LinkedIn or another social media platform to support our recruitment efforts?