This article Got Team Spirit? Building the Ideal Company Culture by Amy Blackburn talks about how a company’s culture plays a huge part in the amount of turnover they experience. It’s important to understand that management sets the tone and that employees must feel nurtured and feel that they’re being pushed to strive for greatness. The company needs to recognize that each individual has a unique set of needs and personality types and by meeting these needs you foster a sense of belonging, loyalty, and trust.
Here are 8 steps towards a nurturing positive work environment:
1. Listen to your coworkers: Listening to what your staff has to say shows that you have respect for their opinion.
2. Open your door and be accessible: A closed door cuts off communication. An open door lets employees know that you are available to them.
3. Make employees evaluations candid and open: Performance evaluations can be daunting and often an emotional task for the staff and the manager. Avoid the drama by exhibiting a willingness to speak freely and to actively listen.
4. Build a foundation of trust: Trust in the workplace is a foundation for success.
5. Improve your Employer Brand: It’ll help build comradery between employees, but also makes the company appealing to both future customers and future recruitment.
6. Don’t Micromanage: It’s okay to maintain high expectations and to offer constructive criticism, but let your staff to their job.
7. Create Team Spirit: It can be easy as offering praise and recognition to a coworker or even saying thank you.
8. Let the Light Shine In: Keeping the workplace clean and attractive promotes a positive attitude.
Article link: http://www.business.com/company-culture/building-the-ideal-company-culture/