A tip I shared with my students this past week can also be applied to keeping your people on track on their projects.
I suggested this week to my advisees that they meet with me each term by the third week to take a look at their coursework, reviewing any questions they may have about all the courses they are taking, and to set them on a course for success.
Some of the items I suggested discussing with them were
1. Problem solving skills – sharing best practices to simplify and solve without stress
2. Time management – sharing best practices on sequential tasking vs. multitasking
3. Suggestions on discussions with their teachers/classmates
4. Resource allocation (did you get all your books, supplies, etc)
5. Technology check-in (are your online classes making sense, do you have any questions on Office/web applications, etc)
6. Need for additional assistance – tutoring, etc
7. Any other issues brought up
In a work environment, it is important to keep these things in mind when delegating or taking on new responsibilities.