As one of my favorite professors, Fred Tesch shared with us often in my MBA classes, “external motivators destroy internal motivators”. Here are 7 ways to inspire those that are internally motivated.
1. Give them interesting work
2. Leave them alone
3. Give feedback when they ask for it
4. Answer questions in a timely manner
5. Provide them with complementary people resources to succeed
6. Allow them the ability to decide the best methods to complete their assignments
7. Give them limited hassles