The information you are viewing for this event is from 2012.
Please check back for updates.
When: Event has passed. Watch this page for updates.
Where: Downtown Schenectady, New York
Cost: FREE ADMISSION
Enjoy a night of family fun for FREE! The Schenectady County Summer Night will have kid’s activities, live music. street performers and a fireworks finale!
Schenectady County Summer Night 2012 Musical Lineup
- Funk Evolution: SummerNight Main Stage, 5:00 – 7:15 pm, Funk Evolution is a nine-piece band with horns, performing Pop, Rock, R&B, Soul, Fusion & Funk.
- Dave Lambert and the Ragtime Windjammers: Jazz on Jay Stage, 5:30 – 7:30 pm, Dave Lambert and the Ragtime Windjammers is a Dixieland quintet led by Dave Lambert on the clarinet.
- Scotia-Glenville Pipe Band: Parade down State Street to Main Stage, 6:45 -7:00 pm, Professional instructors, coupled with outstanding camaraderie and team attitude, makes the Scotia-Glenville Pipe Band a singular organization – it is the only competing Juvenile Pipe band in the Northeastern United States.
- Ernie Williams Tribute Band: SummerNight Main Stage, 7:45 – 10:00 pm, As part of SummerNight 2012, the Ernie Williams Band will be taking the SummerNight stage with a special tribute concert for their friend and band leader, the recently departed Ernie Williams. Ernie Williams had been the headliner for SummerNight every year since its inception in 2006, and we are thrilled to celebrate his memory and connection with Schenectady County with this performance honoring his musical legacy!
- Hypnotist Brian Mahar: Underground at Proctors, Three Shows: 5:15pm, 6:30pm, 7:45pm. Take part in a wild live hypnotist show – If You Dare! Brian Mahar uses the power of suggestion to keep the audience engaged and laughing. Brian’s show is suitable for the entire family, and is rated “E” for Excitement. It’s side-splitting, hilarious performance that you won’t want to miss. Brian Mahar is a member of the National Guild of Hypnotists.
- The Puppet People: MVP Health Care Kids Korner, Two Shows: 6:00pm, 7:00pm, This fun festival of frolics is an original variety show accompanied by musical favorites, such as: the Entertainer, the Sorcerer’s Apprentice, the Barber of Seville, and Little Brown Jug. It showcases hand puppets, mouth puppets, rod puppets & trick marionettes. An excellent way to introduce audiences to the art of puppetry!
All events will take place in the MVP Health Care Kids Korner.
9:00 am - Sculptor Matt Deibert creates a masterpiece in Sand, right on State Street!
- Strolling Magician Magic Dan & Sparkles the Tall Juggler
- Radio Disney Live
- Balloon Artists
- Face Painters
- Scotia-Glenville Children's Museum presents "Hands-On" activities for kids
- Tri-City Valley Cats present their Fun Van
- Carnival Games, Contests, spin art, prizes, and more.
6:30 – 8:30 pm – Pai’s Tae Kwon Do Academy Presents Tae Kwon Do Live!
- 6:30-7:15pm: Family Tae-Kwon Do Class – everyone is welcome to join in!
- 7:15-8:00pm: Break a Board with Master Pai – take a shot at breaking a board.
- 8:00pm: Pai’s Tae Kwon Do Academy’s Demo Team performs live.
8:30 pm - Keep the kiddies entertained until the fireworks show, with some side-splitting cartoons on the BIG SCREEN right on State Street in the MVP Health Care Kids Korner. Cartoons start at 8:30pm (or when it gets dark), and run up until 10:00pm, when the fireworks start!
PLEASE NOTE: All events are free and will commence rain or shine.For more information, contact Special Events of Schenectady County at 388-4355.
Back to events list