Albany Riverfront Jazz Festival 2017
As summer comes to an end, let it go out with a cymbal crash and a trumpet blast. Don't miss the Albany Riverfront Jazz Festival on September 9, 2017. The festival brings acclaimed musical guests, great food, vendors, and kids' activities...and best of all, it's FREE!
- 1:00pm-2:00pm - The JECCO Trio - JECCO is the core unit – Jeff Nania on saxophone and Lecco Morris on keyboard – of a jazz, funk and originals fusion duo. We also perform as a trio and quartet with featured regional players, and are available for your party, event, bar or venue.
- 2:30pm-3:30pm - The Piggly Wigglies - The Piggly Wigglies formed in 2015 with the mission of getting peoples' feet movin' and groovin'. The band touches upon classics and not-so classics from the early 1900s to the 1940s. The Piggly Wigglies primarily focus on the swing dance community and have played several Lindy and Blues events alike.
- 4:00pm-5:00pm - Michael Benedict & Bopitude - BOPITUDE revisits the most memorable tunes of the Hard Bop era while bringing back to life some more obscure treasures from the past.
- 5:30pm-6:30pm - SOMI - Born in Illinois to immigrants from Rwanda and Uganda, the African and Jazz legacies are always crucial to her sound. SOMI is often referred to as a modern-day Miriam Makeba, Billboard exclaims that she’s “all elegance and awe…utterly captivating.”
- 7:00pm-8:30pm - Christian Scott Atunde Adjuah - Christian Scott aTunde Adjuah is a two-time Edison Award winning (2010 and 2012) and Grammy Award nominated trumpeter, composer, producer and music executive. Christian has worked with McCoy Tyner, Prince, Mos Def (Yasin Bey), Thom Yorke and Solange Knowles, among other notable talents.
Ground rules: No glass, animals or recording of performances. All City of Albany parks are now curb-to-curb tobacco-free.
Note: The rain site for the jazz festival is the Corning Preserve Boat Launch.
For more information on the Jazz Festival, please call 518.434.2032 or visit www.albanyevents.org.
The 16th Annual City of Albany Jazz Festival is brought to you by:
- Capital Bank
- Saratoga Eagle Sales & Service
- Stella Artois
- Hodgson Russ
- Champion Windows
- Capital Car Share
- School of RockWild Bill’s Soda
- 88.3 The Saint
- 107.3 WCAA
- NYS Music
- The Alt
- Spiral Design Studio
- The Spot 518