The information you are viewing for this event is from 2016.
Please check back for updates.
Albany's Jazz Festival 2016
NOTE: The Jazz Festival has been moved to its rain site - the Corning Preserve Boat Launch at Water & Colonie Streets under the 787 overpass - due to the threat of inclement weather.
As summer comes to an end, let it go out with a cymbal crash and a trumpet blast. Don't miss Albany's Jazz Festival on September 10, 2016. The festival brings acclaimed musical guests, great food, vendors, and kids' activities ... and best of all, it's FREE!
Full Music Schedule:
- Cliff Brucker & Full Circle (1:00PM-2:00PM) - Led by drummer, percussionist, keyboardist, composer, producer, arranger and educator Cliff Brucker, a well-respected Capital Region musician with over 40 years of professional performance under his belt, Full Circle brings together world-class musicians to interpret both classic jazz standards and original compositions.
- Jazz Caravan (2:30PM-3:30PM) - Jazz Caravan is a guitar-based Capital Region trio offering a cerebral blend of thoughtful covers and original music rooted in west-coast modern and Latin jazz styles. Roger Noyes (guitar), Tony Berman (bass) and Jim Ketterer (drums) have been performing together in different groups over the last ten years, joining forces to form Jazz Caravan in 2014.
- KJ Denhert (4:00PM-5:00PM) - KJ Denhert’s special blend of urban folk & jazz has earned her four Independent Music Award nominations, and in ’09, she was named as one of Jazz.com’s top female vocalists. KJ’s performances will move you to laugh, to dance and even to cry.
- Lucky Chops (5:30PM-6:30PM) - Redefining what it means to be a brass band, Lucky Chops stormed onto the scene in 2015 with the help of millions of viewers around the globe. This group of six talented individuals has created a unique sound and energy which has resonated worldwide with viral success, launching a career that is now headed toward untold heights.
- The Ellis Marsalis Quintet (7:30PM-8:30PM) - Regarded by many as the premier modern jazz pianist in New Orleans, Ellis Marsalis is a legendary performer, a peerless educator, and the patriarch of one of the most famous musical families in the world - including sons Wynton, Branford, Delfeayo and Jason.
Ground rules: No glass, animals or recording of performances. All City of Albany parks are now curb-to-curb tobacco-free.
For more information on the Jazz Festival, please call 518.434.2032 or visit www.albanyevents.org.