The information you are viewing for this event is from 2016.
Please check back for updates.
10th Annual Troy Chowderfest In Troy NY
Troy Chowderfest - October 9th, 2016
Taste the best chowder in the Capital Region at the 9th Annual Troy Chowderfest in Downtown Troy!
On October 9th, cast your vote for the People's Choice best local chowder after sampling your share of chowders from over 30 area restaurants!
One dollar gets you one ticket, which gets you one 4-ounce cup of chowder. This year, there's a limit of 20 tickets per person.
These restaurants must use local fresh ingredients in their recipes, so visitors will enjoy not only the freshest product, but will also be benefitting local business.
Prizes are awarded for best seafood, vegetarian, most original and overall favorite – judged by a secret panel of local restaurant critics. Festival-goers are able to vote on the coveted 'People's Choice' award.
- Muddaddy Flats
- The Shop
- Bootleggers On Broadway
- Brown's Brewing Company
- O'Briens Public House
- Troy Boys & Girls Club
- Bountiful Bread
- The Ruck
- McGreivey's Restaurant
- B-rads Bistro & Catering
- And more!
Live Music in Monument Square
- The Getdown - 12pm to 2:30pm
- Cryin' Out Loud - 2:30pm to 4pm
Music Around Town
- Michael Eck - 12pm to 1pm - River & State Street
- Erin Powers - 12pm to 3pm - 5th & Broadway
- DJ Tall Matt - 12pm to 3pm - Barker Park
- Carl Daniels - 12:30 to 4pm - 4th & Congress
- Ragliacci Rags - 2pm to 4pm - River & State Street
- Pony in The Pancake - 2:30pm to 4pm - Green Island Parking Lot
Free Children's Activities
- Bounce House with the YMCA - 1pm to 3pm - Monument Square
- Caricatures by Mark Brennan - 12pm to 4pm - Monument Square
- Mr. Magicman - Chris LaBarge - 2pm to 3pm - Monument Square
The event is sponsored by the City of Troy as well as many local restaurants and businesses throughout the Capital Region.