Troy Chowderfest - October 13th, 2013
Taste the best chowder in the Capital Region at the 7th Annual Troy Chowderfest in Downtown Troy NY!
On October 13th, cast your vote for the People's Choice best local chowder after sampling your share of chowders from about 17 area restaurants! They will be serving 23 different kinds of Chowder, with a range of flavors from vegetable to New England to Manhattan and back!
One dollar gets you one ticket, which gets you one 4-ounce cup of chowder and you can taste as many as you like!
These restaurants must use local fresh ingredients in their recipes, so visitors will enjoy not only the freshest product, but will also be benefitting local business.
Restaurants & Chowder Selections Include:
- Albany Pump Station: Southwest Andouille Corn Chowder; Stuffed Shrimp Gruyere Chowder
- B-Rad's Bistro & Catering: Chicken Bacon Ranch Chowder
- Black Cat Ale House: Reuben Chowder; Southwestern Pulled Pork Chowder
- Brown's Brewing Co.: Smoked Salt Cod, Indian Corn and Sweet Potato Whiskey Porter Chowder; Coconut, Miso, White Yam and Turban Squash with American Wheat
- Carmen's Cafe: Cuban Clam Chowder
- Finnbar's Pub: Seafood Chowder (cooked with shrimp and whitefish)
- Francesc'a Cafe: Chipotle Corn Chowder
- Illium Cafe: Seafood Chowder; Apple & Pork Belly Chowder
- Mallozzi Family: Autumn Pear Chowder
- McGreivey's Restaurant: Buffalo Chicken Chowder w/ Blue Cheese Oyster Crackers
- Mio Vino Wine Bar & Bistro: Crab Chowder w/ Adirondack Cheddar and Sam Adams Lager
- O'Brien's Public House: Shephards Pie Chowder
- Sterup Square: Seafood Chowder
- Sweet Sues: Smoked Seafood Chowder; S'mores Chowder
- The Broadway Cafe: Apple Pie Chowder
- The Ruck: Bacon Clam Chowder; Southwestern Corn Chowder
- Yanni's Restaurants: BLT Chowder with Mini Grilled Cheese Croutons
Chowderfest will take place along River Street in downtown Troy NY near the Green Island Bridge. The event begins at 10:00 in the morning and ends offically at 3pm, but often the chowder runs out before then, so arrive early!
Schedule of Events:
- 10:00am - Festival Opens
- 10:00am - 11:15am - MUSIC: Erin Harkes
- 11:45am - 1:00pm - MUSIC: The Standard Clams
- 1:30pm - 3:00pm - MUSIC: The Refrigerators
- 3:00pm - Awards Ceremony
Enjoy live, local musicians and fun for the whole family! A portion of the proceeds will go to a local partner charity, to be announced soon. The event is sponsored by the City of Troy as well as many local restaurants and businesses throughout the Capital Region.