The information you are viewing for this event is from 2017.
Please check back for updates.
St. Peter's Cardiac & Vascular Center Last Run 5K
About the Last Run 5K
The 21st Annual St. Peter's Cardiac & Vascular Center Albany Last Run 5K is a great race for all ages, featuring a beautiful course through Capital Holiday Lights in Washington Park and a spectacular fireworks show!
Following the race, awards recognition and posting of results takes place at the Empire State Plaza Concourse at the base of the Egg, featuring age-based divisional awards and random prize drawings. This race also features chip timing by ARE Event Productions. All registered runners will receive a Last Run 5K wicking fabric shirt (sizes not guaranteed after November 1st).
Bibs will be available based on the last name of registrant. If picking up more than three bibs, please see multiple bib line and be prepared to sign a form for all participants you are picking up for. Last Run staff are not responsible for lost bibs, so please be sure to keep your bib safe once picked up!
Awards will be given to the 1st place male and female runners. Top three male and female finishers in each of the following categories will also receive awards: 15 and under; 16-19; 20-29; 30-39; 40-49; 50-59; 60-69; 70+; middle of the pack. The post-race party for all registered runners takes place at the Empire State Plaza North Concourse.
Limited to 1,700 runners, the Last Run 5K typically sells out well in advance. Runners are encouraged to register early to ensure their spot. Participants may register online or mail in their entry form.
Early registration is only $25, and increases to $30 on November 1. Day-of registration is $35 if spaces are still available.
Parking is located in the surface lots, garages, and metered spots throughout downtown. All meters are free in Albany on weekends (Saturdays & Sundays) as well as NYS museum and Cathedral lots on Madison Avenue. Please note parking and street closures when planning your route.
Special Ground Rules in Effect
No alcoholic beverages, glass containers of any kind, animals or pets. All entry fees are final and non-refundable. Bib numbers are non-transferable to other athletes. Due to the hour of the race, anyone with dogs or carriages is prohibited from running. The event may be canceled in the event of inclement weather. Ground rules are subject to change without notice. Exceptions made for medical or child care reasons may be addressed individually.
The following roadways will be closed on December 9, 2017 from 10am to 7pm:
- State Street between S. Swan Street and Eagle Street
The following roadways will be closed on December 9, 2017 from 3pm to 7pm:
- Washington Avenue from Dove Street to Eagle Street
- State Street between Lodge Street and Eagle Street
- Eagle Street between State Street and Pine Street
- South Swan Street northbound Madison Avenue to Chestnut Street (upper roadway)
- Market Street ramp to Eagle Street from Grand Street
The following roadways will be closed on December 9, 2017 from 4pm to 5:45pm:
- State Street between Robin Street and S. Swan Street
- Willett Street between State Street and Madison Avenue
- Washington Park, All Park Roadways – including Henry Johnson Boulevard
- S. Swan Street northbound Madison Avenue to Washington Avenue (upper and lower roadways)
- Dove Street southbound at Spring St to State Street
- Lark Street between Madison Avenue and Washington Avenue **
Note: Lark Street will remain open northbound only between Chestnut Street and Lancaster Street for Chestnut Street residents only.
- Henry Johnson Boulevard between State Street and Madison Avenue
- Hamilton Street between Dove Street and South Swan Street
- Jay Street between Dove Street and South Swan Street
- Lancaster Street between Dove Street and South Swan Street
- Chestnut Street between Dove Street and South Swan Street
The following roadways will have parking prohibited on December 9, 2017 from 10am to 7pm:
- State Street, both sides, from South Swan Street to Eagle Street
The following roadways will have parking prohibited on December 9, 2017 from 12pm to 7pm:
- State Street, both sides, from Robin Street east, six spaces on each side
- Washington Avenue from Swan Street to Eagle Street, both sides restricted
- Willett Street, both sides, from Hudson Avenue north four spaces on each side
- Washington Park Road, both sides (Hudson Avenue), from Willett Street west to Henry Johnson Boulevard
- North Hawk Street both sides from Elk Street to Washington Avenue
- Eagle Street both sides from State Street to Elk Street
- Park Street, both sides from Lancaster Street to State Street
- Elk Street, both sides from Eagle Street west, five spaces on each side
The following Rroadways will have parking prohibited on December 9, 2017 from 3pm to 7pm:
- State Street, both sides from Eagle Street to Lodge Street