Host An Exchange Student From Spain!
Albany NY - Step To U.S.A. is looking for Host Families for exchange students who are coming to the U.S. for one month this summer. The exchange students are 13-18 years old and coming to the Capital Region from June 28th - July 26th, 2010. The students are coming from Bilbao, Spain which is located in the Basque region of Spain, close to the border of France.
A "host family" is considered more than one person living in the family. But each situation will be looked at more closely if needed. Both sexes are available to host, and many homes are needed! Families are required to provide a number of things to the exchange student:
- Room (shared or their own)
- Transportation for the students (carpooling with other families is encouraged)
While the students are visiting the U.S. they stay busy with many events including:
- Two activities per week - Bus transportation is available from Crossgates to Lake George for most of the trips.
- A Welcome and Farewell party
- Host family orientation, TBA in June
Interested? Please call the New York State area coordinators, Tracey or Rachel, at 518-257-6765 or email hostexchangestudent[at]gmail.com. After you have contacted them, a home visit will need to be made, you will have to fill out an application with two available references, and send in 3 family photos.
For more information please visit www.steptousa.com and www.pax.org