Home Care & Home Healthcare Services For Seniors in Albany NY and the Capital District
Home care and home healthcare are senior lifestyle options that allows senior citizens to live independently for as long as possible. Home healthcare eligibility depends on the senior citizen's medical condition, however it can often delay the need for long-term nursing home care.
Home healthcare can include services such as occupational and physical therapy, speech therapy and, in some cases, skilled nursing. Some of the assistance that is provided by a skilled home healthcare professional can also include helping senior citizens with specific tasks associated with daily living such as bathing, dressing and eating or assistance with cooking, cleaning, and other housekeeping tasks. Additionally, home healthcare professionals can also assist seniors with monitoring their daily regimen of prescription and over-the-counter medications.
Home Healthcare vs. Home Care Services
There is a distinct difference between home healthcare and home care services, even though home healthcare can include some home care services. It is important to note that home healthcare is more medically oriented, as it usually involves helping seniors to recover from an illness or injury. Typically, those that provide home healthcare services are licensed practical nurses, therapists or home health aides. Most work for home health agencies, hosptials or public health departments that are licensed by the state.
Deciding on Home Care or Home Healthcare
Choosing a home healthcare or home care service provider or agency can be a stressful task. It is a large investment that means the world to the senior citizen it affects. Speaking with friends, neighbors and local home care agencies can help you learn more about the providers and services available in the Capital District and the communities surrounding Albany NY.
When searching for a home healthcare agency for your parents, a friend or other loved one, let the questions listed below guide you:
- How long has the agency been serving the community?
- Is the agency an approved Medicare provider?
- Does the agency develop a plan of care for the senior citizen? Is the plan developed with input from the senior citizen themselves, family, and their doctor?
- Are agency staff members available around the clock, seven days a week?
- Does the agency have a nursing supervisor available to provide on call assistance at any time of the day?
- Who does the agency call if the home healthcare worker cannot come when they are scheduled to?
- How closely do supervisors oversee care?
- Who can I call with questions or complaints?
Browse Home Care & Home Healthcare Options for Seniors in Albany Below:
There are currently no businesses in the category.
Would you like to see your business here?
Click here to see our advertising options!