The 2020 Altamont Fair
Head to the annual Altamont Fair for new and old traditions and an array of shows and attractions! There will be live music, concessions, vendors, and a wide variety of exciting fair rides.
Stay tuned for the 2020 information as it becomes available! For an idea of what to expect, check out last year's details:
2019 Schedule Highlights & Thing:
The program is subject to change without notice. Visit the Altamont Fair website for any last-minute changes.
Dreamland Amusements will be bringing the Midway and Carnival to the 2019 Altamont Fair. This is the area where you'll find tons of exhilarating amusement rides, all your favorite fair food and drinks, and plenty of games too.
Children under 36" are not permitted on Midway rides. Limited rides are available for children 36"- 48.” You can bring younger children to the kiddie areas.
Don’t forget about the animals! Farm animals have been and remain a key part of fairs in the U.S., and the Altamont Fair is no exception. Horses, sheep, goats, rabbits, chickens, and more cute farm animals will be at the barns and show rings during the fair. It’s a great opportunity to learn about these animals and see live demonstrations.
The Altamont Fair will host an awesome lineup of musical talent from around the Capital Region. These concerts are free to attend with general fair admission and range from country music to energetic party bands and more. Enjoy Schenectady Pipe Band, Nite Train, Skeeter Creek, The Refrigerators, Big Sky Country, and others.
Looking for an event that’s sure to get your heart racing? Visit the Grandstand on Tuesday night for the Monster Trucks Freestyle Event! Hear the engines roar as these massive trucks fly through the air, speed around the arena, and give a performance you won’t soon forget. If you stop by before the show at 5:00pm, you’ll have a chance to meet the drivers and get autographs and photos near the trucks.
The Monster Trucks Freestyle Event will include a Power Wheels Demo Derby, which will feature kids in their own small vehicles. This will be a fun-filled event for both the participating kids and spectators.
- Tuesday at 5:00pm - Meet & Greet with Monster Trucks (Grandstand)
- Tuesday at 7:00pm - Monster Trucks Freestyle Event and Power Wheels Demo Derby (Grandstand)
Discount advance sale tickets are only $15 each!
- At the gate admission for Tuesday and Wednesday: $17
- At the gate admission Thursday - Sunday: $19
- Children under 36" are free, no rides included
- Special admissions on Wednesday, August 14
- Senior citizens 65 years and up receive free admission with ID Wednesday until 6pm, which includes rides
- Grange members receive free admission with ID Wednesday until 6pm, which includes rides
- Armed service members (active military and veterans) receive free admission with ID Wednesday until 6pm, which includes rides
- Call for group rates
Fair Opening Times:
- Gate 2: Opens at 8:00am daily with paid admission for the livestock shows
- All Gates and Buildings: Open at 10:00am daily
- Exhibits and Vendors: Open at 11:00am daily
- Midway: Opens at 12:00pm daily
Fair Closing Times:
- Tuesday - Thursday: Midway and Carnival close at 10:00pm; Exhibits close at 10:00pm
- Friday - Saturday: Midway and Carnival close at 11:00pm; Exhibits close at 10:00pm
- Sunday: Livestock Barns close at 7:00pm; Midway and Carnival close at 10:00pm
Ready to enter a world of fair fun? Plan your trip to the Altamont Fair today!