The information you are viewing for this event is from 2018.
Please check back for updates.
Empire ''Skate'' Plaza - Part of Winter at the Plaza
Now in its 7th year, the tremendously popular Empire State Plaza Ice Rink is open daily December 1 through March 11, from 11 a.m. – 8 p.m. (closed for maintenance from 3 p.m. - 4 p.m.) and skating is free. Located in the shadow of Albany's majestic State Capitol, amenities include a full-service snack bar on Friday nights and weekends and a skate lounge with lockers.
Rentals are available whenever the rink is open and cost $3 for children 12 and under and $4 for adults. A photo ID is required to rent skates. Every Friday is Free Skate Rental Day courtesy of Hannaford Supermarkets. The 2017-18 season will feature an assorted line-up of special events including instructional clinics, hockey exhibitions, and more!
Calendar of Ice Rink Events (subject to change):
- EVERY FRIDAY – Hannaford Free Rental Friday
- December 1 – Ice Rink Opening Day (11am-8pm)
- December 2 – Learn To Skate Clinic (9am-11am)
- December 3 – Tree Lighting Ceremony (1pm-8pm)
- January 6 – Learn To Skate Clinic (9am-11am)
- February 3 – Learn To Skate Clinic (9am-11am)
- February 10 – Try Hockey For Free (9am-11am)
- February 24 – Try Hockey For Free (9am-11am)
- March 3 – Learn To Skate Clinic (9am-11am)
- March 3 – Hannaford Kidz Expo (10am-5pm)
- March 11 – Last Day Of Skating (11am-5pm)
- I-87 south to I-90 east: I-787 south to Empire State Plaza exit
- I-87 south to exit 23: I-787 north to Empire State Plaza exit
- I-90 west to I-787: south to Empire State Plaza exit
- I-90 east to I-787: south to Empire State Plaza exit