VIRTUAL: Capital Region Tour de Cure
To protect the safety and health of people living with diabetes, their families, our supporters, and volunteers, the American Diabetes Association has decided to make the 2020 Capital Region Tour de Cure into a virtual event.
This virtual event will be a chance for you to participate with other people in our community - keeping safe distancing rules in place, of course. The event is scheduled for September 13, 2020.
How to Participate
- Ride, Run or Walk in your neighborhood or at home. Walk or Run: around your neighborhood or in place at home. Ride: locally or on a stationary bike. Complete your intended distance and proudly wear red to represent the ADA! Please follow your local social distance ordinances to stay safe.
- Share Your Why. Post on your social network WHY you are participating. Are you participating in honor or memory of someone? Are you running, walking or riding to encourage others to live a healthy lifestyle? It's powerful and encouraging - please share a picture, a post or a video using the hashtag #VirtualTourdeCure2020.
- Track and Share Your Progress. As you train for the Tour de Cure, share your progress on Facebook, LinkedIn, or Instagram by sharing a live video and pictures. Post your fundraising goal and a link to your fundraising page, too.
- Join Our Community! We encourage you to join our Community Facebook Group for all Tour de Cure participants and supporters to stay connected and enjoy our virtual experience together!
- Raise More to Raise Mission. More than ever people living with diabetes need our support. Please continue to ask friends and family for donations to support our mission and consider making a personal donation if you are able.
Help the American Diabetes Association in the fight against diabetes by signing up today.
For more info, visit: http://main.diabetes.org/site/TR/TourdeCure/TourAdmin?pg=entry&fr_id=13003