The information you are viewing for this event is from Wednesday, Aug 29, 2018.
Please check back for updates.
199th Annual Schaghticoke Fair
About The Great Schaghticoke Fair
The Schaghticoke Fair will celebrate its 199th year of being a showcase for the best that Rensselaer County residents and agriculture have to offer. Building after building will be bursting with vegetables, fruits, animals, antiques, baked goods, and homemade crafts.
The 3rd oldest Fair in New York State takes great pride in being a Family Fair with hands-on participation at its exhibits. Tasting, seeing, hearing and literally feeling agriculture in action is one of the best experiences we can offer.
2018 Admission & Tickets
Gift certificates for the fair are available at the Fair Office!
- Wednesday, August 29th, Opening Day, $1 Day - admission is just $1
- Wednesday, August 29th, is also Military Appreciation Day - veterans and active duty get free admission with military ID
- Thursday, August 30th is Senior Citizen Admission Day - $5 for senior citizens 62 years and older
- Adults Thursday through Monday - $12
- Children 13 and under - Free
- Season Pass (6 days) - $40
Reithoffer Midway & Wristbands
Purchase all rides tickets at the Midway.
- Wednesday, August 29th, $1 day - all rides $1, must buy 10 tickets
- Unlimited Rides Tickets Wednesday through Friday - $21 per day (does not include admission)
- Unlimited Rides Tickets Saturday through Monday - $23 per day (does not include admission)
A Ferris Wheel, Merry-Go-Round and other traditional carnival rides and games are perfect for young ones and the young at heart. Each ride is worth a certain amount of tickets (usually 1-3 tickets, depending on the ride). See below for unlimited ticket pricing.
With a park and tents featuring live music and entertainers, plus a grandstand overlooking fantastic motocross, demolition derby and tractor pulls, the Schaghticoke Fair has no shortage of great shows.
The Schaghticoke Fairgrounds are also host to buildings showcasing the agriculture of the region. Building after building will be bursting with displays, including vegetables, fruits, livestock, farm animals, equipment, antiques, baked goods, and homemade crafts.
Daily entertainment includes Cirque Ma'ceo acrobatic equestrian stunt show, Extreme Raptors birds of prey show, Pirates of the Colombian Caribbean high-wire show, Buffalo Barfield Music Show, Danny Grant's Cowboy Circus strolling act, and the Agri-Puppets.
Fair highlights include:
- Wednesday - 4-H Horse Show (all day), Pickup Truck Pull (6 pm), NCMA (North Country Music Awards) Regional Finals (6-8:30 pm)
- Thursday - Senior Expo Area (10 am - 5 pm), Garden Tractor Pull (noon), Double Figure 8 Derby (7 pm)
- Friday - Health Expo Area (10 am - 5 pm), Farm Tractor Pulls (1 pm, 7 pm), country artist Brandon Lay (7:30 pm)
- Saturday - Double M Rodeo (1 pm, 7 pm), "The Voice" 2017 contestant Moriah Formica (4 pm, 7:30 pm), Fireworks (9:30 pm)
- Sunday - Open Gymkhana Show (9 am), Pedal Tractor Pull (1 pm), Sanctioned NYTPA Tractor Pulls (1 pm, 7 pm)
- Monday - Demolition Derby (2 pm, 7 pm), Box Seat Auction (5 pm), Keith Anderson concert (7:30 pm)