Attractions & Things To Do In Schenectady NY
Looking for things to do in Schenectady? You'll find an abundance of fun, educational and unique attractions in and around Schenectady that are sure to please.
Explore cultural activities for all age groups; discover varied dining and shopping; enjoy fun events and festivals and much more. Plus, Schenectady is just a short distance from Albany, Cooperstown, Saratoga, Lake George and the breathtaking Adirondacks!
Check out some of the special places of interest in Schenectady NY:
- Head to Proctor's Theatre, a restored neo-classical theatre, for a world-class productions
- Enjoy the historic beauty of Glen Sanders Mansion in Scotia
- Check Out Mabee Farm in nearby Rotterdam
- Visit the Empire State Aerosciences Museum in Glenville, NY - a great learning experience for adults and kids alike
Take in the great outdoors that surround you in Schenectady!
- Stroll amid eight acres of wooded land and manicured gardens at Jackson's Garden at Union College
- Explore Central Park where you can sit amongst gorgeous rose gardens
- Love boating? The Mohawk River is a great spot to go fishing, boating, swimming or picnicking
- Collins Park in Scotia NY is also an excellent place to bring the family
- Enjoy the scenery of Upstate New York and the Mohawk River by driving or biking down the Mohawk Towpath Scenic Byway
- In the warmer months, swing a golf ball or two at one of the area's beautiful golf courses
- Looking for unique things to do in winter? Check out our Schenectady Winter Itinerary created by Say Schenectady
There is more to Schenectady than just history! Enjoy a day of shopping or an afternoon at the movies at Rotterdam Square Mall or at nearby Colonie Center or Crossgates Mall.Explore the museums, historic sites, shops and outdoors - no matter what you choose, you'll find plenty to do in Schenectady!