Saratoga Chowder Tour 2021
Saratoga Chowderfest is being reimagined for 2021 as a Chowder Tour! The week-long event will take place from Saturday, January 30 - Saturday, February 6, 2021.
About the Saratoga Chowder Tour 2021
In a typical year, dozens of local Saratoga restaurants participate in the highly anticipated Chowderfest, with patrons sampling chowder around the city and voting on their favorites.
However, to ensure the safety of everyone, the Saratoga Convention & Tourism Bureau will instead present the Saratoga Chowder Tour 2021. Grab your friends and family and visit participating Saratoga restaurants for a cup or bowl of chowder along with lunch or dinner and your favorite beverage. Participants will also have pints and quarts of chowder to-go! Try the chowder and then go online to vote for your favorite.
Some of the changes this year include:
- A week of chowder tasting! There will be no $1 samples this year, just bowls/cups/pints and quarts. Due to the restaurants' limited capacity, RESERVATIONS ARE STRONGLY RECOMMENDED.
- No streets will be closed, no vendors will be serving inside or outside, and no shuttle service will be available. We're sure you understand, but we need to avoid long lines in order to keep everyone safe!
- We will not be printing paper ballots this year, however online voting will be available at discoversaratoga.org/vote. (One vote per device)
- T-shirts and hats are available for purchase! We have partnered with T-Shirt Graphics in Ballston Spa and they have set up an online store. Choose from several different shirts and hats and they will mail them right to you! The store will close on February 7, 2021 at 11:59 PM.
- Pints and quarts of chowder will be available to-go! Visit several participants and take some pints or quarts home and celebrate your own chowder party with the people in your “bubble”! Remember to stock up and do a fun tasting on Super Bowl Sunday!
With the safety of everyone in mind, and the dire situation many of the restaurants are in, we hope you will go out and support our local restaurants. Remember, this is a temporary situation and next year we can’t wait to throw the biggest and best Chowderfest yet!
Chowderfest is organized by the Saratoga Convention & Tourism Bureau.
Please note, photos are from prior years and do not reflect COVID-19 guidelines.