Enjoy a day at Indian Ladder Farms! They offer seasonal PYO berries, apples, and pumpkins, and host special events, field trips, and programs. The farm is also available as a birthday party or wedding venue.
About Indian Ladder Farms
Indian Ladder Farms is a family-owned farm in Altamont, NY that is committed to producing high-quality products. This popular Capital Region agricultural destination is operated by an experienced team of managers and staff who want to make your visit to the farm memorable.
The farm is typically open from March through the end of December. Here are their 2017 hours of operation for the on-site farm market, cafe, and tasting room:
- Farm Market: Open 9am-6pm, 7 days a week
- Yellow Rock Cafe: Serving Monday-Friday from 11am-2pm, and Saturday-Sunday from 9am-3pm
- Cidery & Brewery Tasting Room: Open Thursday-Friday from 4pm-9pm, Saturday from 11am-10pm, and Sunday from 11am-7pm
Enjoy PYO Seasons
While the farm offers a wide range of goods and food in their market, they are also open for a few different PYO seasons, including:
- Apple Picking
- Pumpkin Picking
- Blueberry and Raspberry Picking
Both blueberry and raspberry picking usually start in mid-summer and run into September. Apple and pumpkin picking begin in September and run into October. Be sure to call ahead for hours and availability!
Field Trips and Educational Programs
Every year, Indian Ladder Farms opens their doors to the public for fun, customizable tours of the farm, as well as educational programs.
Field Trips & Customizable Tours
- Baby Farm Animal Tours (May 5-21, 2017) - Meet baby animals in the Baby Animal Farm!
- Customizable Summer Tours - Customize your tour at Indian Ladder Farms. Add-ons include a hayride, apple picking, pumpkin picking, and more.
- Apple Farm Tours - This tour focuses on teaching students about the land's history, giving a behind-the-scenes look at harvesting and packing, and interactions with farm animals. Each student receives a glass of cider and an apple to enjoy.
Indian Ladder Farms' camps take advantage of their great location. The teachers are dedicated to bringing the farm back into the lives of today's youth. All programs encourage true farm work, animal care, healthy cooking, responsibility, and teamwork to get the job done.
Events at Indian Ladder Farms
You can also host special events at Indian Ladder Farms, such as birthday parties and weddings.
Birthday Party Highlights
- Farm Animal Party (Available anytime) - Enjoy a guided tour of the barn and farm. Try feeding the animals from your own hand with your basket of animal food. Have fun on a tractor-pulled hayride too.
- Apple Picking Party (Available in September and October only) - Ride out to the orchard on the tractor-drawn hay wagon, pick apples into individual tote bags, then hop back on the wagon to return for cake and presents.
- Pumpkin Picking Party (Available in October) - Enjoy a tractor ride to the field to pick the perfect pumpkin. Then, spend some time under the tent with your friends and decorate your new pumpkin.
Experience a countryside wedding at Indian Ladder Farms' beautiful property. You and your wedding guests will have access to the orchard, gardens, and scenic farmyard.
Many of the farm's lovely sites would be perfect for the ceremony, and you can rent out the Apple Barn, the Indian Ladder Tent, the Education Barn, and more spaces.