Big business plans are underway for a new eatery/lounge and music venue in Albany, NY! Within the next six months, Chris Pratt and partners will open The Capital: American Eatery & Lounge in downtown Albany, and 28 Thatcher, a music venue in the warehouse district.
1. Your new business, The Capital: American Eatery & Lounge, will be across the street from the Pearl Street Pub in downtown Albany. What type of atmosphere are you hoping to create at The Capital?
We are targeting a professional, mature crowd for both dinner and night time lounging. My partners and I see a huge need for this type of establishment on Pearl Street and in Albany.
2. What sort of fare can we expect to be on the menu at The Capital?
The Capital, American Eatery & Lounge will be an American Food eatery with American style dishes such as fish, beef, and chicken, with entrees averaging somewhere between $15 and $17 a plate. We will offer NY State craft beers on tap and NY State wines as well as tapas. We will also have a communal table for parties up to 12!
3. As a current downtown business owner (Pearl Street Pub), do you feel a sense of responsibility in creating and maintaining a certain atmosphere downtown?
My partners and I see the trend for a more residential downtown and want to be a part of this exciting transformation.
4. Do you have an opening date for The Capital: American Eatery & Lounge?
We are scheduled to open the first week in May 2013.
5. What can you tell us about the music venue you are hoping to open in Albany’s warehouse district?
28 Thatcher will be a music and entertainment venue. We are looking to book music shows, comedians, and other various types of live performances. This will not only be a music venue, but will serve as a multi-functional arts center as well. This venue has been a dream of my business partners and mine for years. We both feel this type of venue is sorely needed in Albany and could put Albany on the map as not only the great city that it is, but as a great entertainment district.
6. What type of bands do you hope to showcase?
Rock, country, and Indie.
7. Do you have an opening date in mind for your music venue?
It depends on city approval, but if approved, September 2013.
8. Can you tell us about how you and your partners wound up opening your current businesses: The Pearl Street Pub and The Barrel Saloon?
I got my start in the business in the fall of 2009, as the co-owner of the Pearl Street Pub with John Dejohn. In 2011, I partnered with Alessio Depoli and opened up the Barrel Saloon. Alessio has been a very close friend for over 8 years. In February 2012, Alessio and I bought out John Dejohn from the Pearl. Alessio is a full-time pharmacist at Lincoln Pharmacy in Albany. Also, in March of 2012, I acquired Professor M Barleys with Shane Healy.
9. What do you like to do when you are not working at the pub or saloon?
When I am not busy owning bars, I work full time for EA Morse & Co., so I don’t sleep a lot! We are a janitorial & equipment sales company. I am the sales manager, responsible for 17 sales reps.
10. What is your favorite beer that you carry on tap (or will carry on tap)?
I have to admit I am not a big tap beer drinker, but when I do have one, I definitely enjoy an ice cold Blue Moon with an orange!
If you haven’t, be sure to stop by the Pearl Street Pub in downtown Albany and the Barrel Saloon in the warehouse district of Albany NY!
Will you be visiting The Capital: American Eatery & Lounge for great food and drinks, and 28 Thatcher for some fantastic live entertainment?