From fantastic food to a new sports bar opening later this month, there’s a lot to know about this week in Albany and the Capital Region. Get the latest about upcoming events and more news below.
Make Plans for Local Markets, Restaurant Week, and Other Upcoming Events
Here’s what’s going on in the Albany area:
- Country Folk Art Show & Artisan Market at Hudson Valley Community College: April 1 – 3
- Mississippi Heat w.s.g. Lilli Lewis at The Linda: April 1
- Spring Craft Fair at the Cohoes Knights of Columbus: April 2
- Grand Reopening Celebration at Willow-Marsh Farm Store: April 2 – 3
- 2nd Annual Albany Film Festival: April 2
- FFAPL Poetry Book Sale: April 2
- Monster Jam: April 2 – 3
- Lark Hall Spring Market: April 3
- 2022 Schenectady Restaurant Week: April 4 – 10
- Ladies Night Out: April 6
4 Newsy Updates to Know About, Including a Farmers Market Announcement
Visit the Schenectady Greenmarket – Outdoors!
Winter is over, and starting Sunday, April 3, the Schenectady Greenmarket will take place outdoors around Schenectady City Hall on Jay, Franklin, and Clinton streets. The farmers market will be open from 10:00am-2:00pm every Sunday through November 20, 2022. Stop by and enjoy shopping for fresh, local produce and products from over 80 diverse vendors.
A New Sports Bar Is Coming Soon
The Times Union recently reported that a new sports bar called Restaurant 605 is expected to open in Albany by late April. The restaurant describes itself as a “neighborhood sports bar with global eats and big flavor,” and it will be located at 605 New Scotland Avenue, the former home of Andy’s Place. Customers can look forward to sports bar favorites like burgers, wings, nachos, and other items.
The Capital District YMCA Is Reopening Two Locations
Staying active is about to get easier in Schenectady and Troy, as the Capital District YMCA is reopening its two locations in these communities on May 1, 2022. The Troy location has been closed since March 2020, and the Schenectady location has been closed since January 2021. Membership to the Capital District YMCA includes access to all 8 of their facilities, group exercise classes, and discounted childcare rates.
Place Your Order for Easter Polish Food
On Saturday, April 9, the Blessed Virgin Mary of Czestochowa Church in Latham will host its annual Easter Polish Food Sale, and pre-orders are being accepted now! The food sale will feature 16 new pierogi varieties, kielbasa, raspberry rolls and other flavors, haluski, and more. Although walk-ins are welcome, some products may be sold out.
- Times Union: New sports bar replacing longtime Albany sports bar